Trusts, Estates, and Gift Planning:
Creating extraordinary opportunities for the future
Your trust, estate, or other planned gift strategy can turn your assets into an enduring legacy of support for the Law School—whether for scholarships, loan forgiveness, faculty support, student intellectual life, curricular initiatives, or otherwise—and in many cases offers you significant tax and other advantages.
These pages introduce and discuss the many legacy or "planned" gift options available at the Law School Foundation, from supporting the Law School through an outright gift of cash or appreciated securities, to naming the Foundation as a beneficiary of your will, life insurance policy, retirement plan, or "life income" arrangement that pays you during your lifetime.
A few suggestions as you begin to use the site:
- If you're already considering certain options, please click on Compare Gift Options and select the gifts that are of interest.
- If you're not sure how the gift plans can meet your financial goals, please click on the Legacy Planner and follow the trail to the gifts that will work best for you.
- Whenever you're ready, you can request a personalized gift illustration that provides more detail about your selected plan(s).
- Click here to speak with us confidentially.
- If you have already included the Law School as a beneficiary of your estate plan or trust, please let us know about your plans by a Statement of Intent to Provide Future Support and faxing or mailing it to the Law School Foundation at the address noted. Your gift is not binding on you or your estate, but informing us of your current plans will help us plan for the Law School's future.
Finally, if you don't have time right now to fully explore this website, we've prepared Quick Summaries of the most popular legacy gift options for you to review and print.